Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quality of Drip Irrigation Equipment

Posted by pmsmith2032 5b Suburbs of Chicag (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 15:10

I am getting ready to buy drip irrigation equipment and I am wondering if there is any difference in quality between equipment (tubing, emitters, microsprayers etc) purchased at a hardware store (Menards - Rain Bird and Orbit) and equipment offered online. I've read that sprinkler equipment offered online is often higher quality (commercial) as opposed to that in big-box stores, but I haven't seen anything on the drip irrigation eqiupment. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quality of Drip Irrigation Equipment

pm,

Go to the website of the various brands. Usually each brand has has levels of quality with series numbers associated with them. Write down the quality you desire and then check the costs for each brand. The big box stores usually have the lower grade of quality but not always the case. I have purchased from those stores and have had years of good service. Like all things some things do well and some don't. The factors are usually in the pressure of the water source and the operating pressure operating range of the product. Read previous threads on comments of various brands. Aloha

o

I would like to recommend Mister Landscaper as one of your choices for look-up, their products are made in the USA in Florida and they make all of their own products on site. They stand behind all of their products and have great customer service reps. They are also exclusively at Lowe's stores. Check them out you won't be disappointed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mister Landscaper

o

Rain Bird is cheaper, and all their stuff I have used worked well for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here