Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coeng

basic setup for 2x4 tomato bed

coeng
10 years ago

I'm planning on installing a drip system with Dig components and am trying to visualize how to run the hoses to a 2x4 bed. Nothing fancy, just basic enough to water two tomato plants. All the guides taht I have ready are WAY too complicated for my application.

So this is what I envision...1/2" irrigation hose along the ground to 90 degree elbow, up 12 inches with another 1/2" hose to another 90 degree elbow over the top of the bed frame. Next I add a small section of 1/2" hose from the elbow to a ball valve, then another short section of 1/2" hose (after the ball valve) terminated. In the bed I form an oblong loop of 1/4" micro hose with the two ends of the hose inserted into holes that I punch in the 1/2" hose that is terminated after the ball valve.

Or is there an easier way to lay this out. My brain isn't working today so any advice (or a pic) is appreciated.

Ideally it would be nice if I could find a 1/2" to 1/4" compression tee so I wouldn't have to terminate the hose after the ball valve.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz