Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to drip irrigation and need some advice

Posted by direwolf23 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 16:24

Hi,
I have been trying to sort out what I need for drip irrigation in my garden. Drip line... drip tape, soaker tape... micro sprinklers? Ahhh!!

So, here is what I am trying to irrigate.
Approximate size is 28' x 80'.
Aproximatly 20' rows
Each row will be about 20 long.
Cucumbers and Beans are grown vertically on trellises.
Remainder are Peas, Corn, Onions, Dill, Broccoli, Cauliflower, carrots, radish, kohlrabi, tomato, peppers, potatoes, pumpkins, zucchini

I would like a complete system that is automated
There is a 10 x 20 patch in the middle that is flowers

Aso: I have five rows about 15 long of mounded strawberries (three rows) and raspberries (two rows) in a separate smaller garden that I would like to accommodate too.

I assume I want a mix of things... micro sprayers of the berries? soaker tape for the veggies?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to drip irrigation and need some advice

John,
Sounds like you could just run some mainline tubing down your rows and use drippers on most of your plants. No sense running soakerhose and watering in between where you don't need it. You could however use the soaker for your strawberries. Maybe sprayers for the flowers. Not sure about the berries, maybe adjustable sprayers. By using drippers in your tubing you can put different gph in one line, so plants needing more water can have a different dripper than one that might need less. I also highly recommend an Orbit timer, they offer a 6 year warranty on them. Email me and I will give you a number to call for some help.
Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here