Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which sprinkler/irrigation system do you like?

Posted by susan_z5_mo z5 MO (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 7, 11 at 17:53

I am in the process of choosing an irrigation company to install a system at my house. Are you familiar with Weathermatic or Hunter products? What would you look for when choosing an irrigation company? The companies I chose are reputable companies. There is a difference of 1,500.00 b/w the bids.
Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which sprinkler/irrigation system do you like?

Susan,

Are the bids itemized? Can you determine where the differences in cost lies(pun). Why not a third quote? Can you give us the breakdown of quantities.

Hunter Review link: http://austin.citysearch.com/review/44659312

Weathermatic: http://www.amazon.com/Weathermatic-SL1600-Zone-Irrigation-Controller/product-reviews/B001PMY6QQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

$1,500 is what percent of the total average bid?

Aloha

o
RE: Which sprinkler/irrigation system do you like?

I work as an irrigation service tech,we use Hunter in general.the clocks are easy for the homeowner to operate,the heads can last upwards of 20 years. Weathermatic is nothing bad either,their valves are better than hunter by far.a valve is a valve as long as it lasts,you wont do much with the valves. but weathermatic have a little tab as a bleeder rather than a screw type on hunter. RAIN BIRD is another GREAT NAME. they are always on the cutting edge of technology. if you have any questions,just post them. i love answering peoples questions about my line of work lol. i cant get the knowledge out fast enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here