Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to turn on sprinkler pump? (novice=may be an easy answer!)

Posted by chatguy Delaware (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 10 at 18:52

Hi All,

I'm a new homeowner with an underground sprinkler system, that also has a pump (due to low pressure of city water). Although I've opened up sprinkler systems in other homes before that don't have a sprinkler pump, I do consider myself a novice. Currently, water does flow through the sprinkler heads, but with low pressure, while noticing the pump not turning on.

I noticed the pump is connected to a relay box, which is also connected to the sprinkler control box. The control box and the relay are both plugged into a working outlet, but the pump does not turn on....making me think there is a simple switch to turn it on, that I'm not finding? If so, would anyone know where I can find that switch?

The pump is: Myers model # RJ50S (The sprinkler control is Rain Dial RD900-INT).

Would anyone know how to turn on the Myers RJ50S pump, or where the pump's on/off switch is?

Thanks,
cg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to turn on sprinkler pump? (novice=may be an easy answer!

Hi chat,

You should have a motor control box and a electrical disconnect box. First I recommend just having a licensed electrical check it out. Why. Things go wrong and liability. Electricity is deadly especially if your pump is big enough to be a 220 or 240 volt pump and with a licensed electrician if the fix doesn't work he can come back and fix it. The piece of mind is worth it. With that said, it might be a blown fuse or the disconnect is open. After checking the disconnect box and you believe it is okay. Check the route of the electricity to the Motor control box and make sure your lines are hot to the motor control box on/off switch. This can also be on your controller as the motor control feature. Try the on button. If things don't work, you probably have a short in the pump wiring and you need to call the electrician and have him pull the pump and check the wiring. This is a generic take on it without looking through your operating manuals. good luck. I hope you have those. JMHO Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here