Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shelli563_gw

Need watering ideas for awkward slope

shelli563
16 years ago

I just planted 14 Arborvitae on a slope and I need some watering tips. The Arborvitae are all in a row that runs uphill, but they are all planted on the bottom of a slope as well. I placed a soaker hose around all of them in a semi circle design around each trunk. The soaker hose and water pressure runs uphill. I watered for the first time today but what was happening was that the plants uphill and at the end of the soaker hose seemed to be getting less water than the plants at the bottom of the hill. Now this could be because the plants at the bottom of the hill are at a more dramatic slope as well. So....it seems that this system is delivering uneven watering. Plus, there is water runoff from the soaker hose that isn't around a plant.

So now I was thinking of using an old long hose, running it along the trunks of the plants and poking a hole in the hose at each trunk. With low water pressure, do you think this would work in giving a slow, even watering to all the plants with little runoff?

I'm desparate for any ideas!

Thanks,

Shelli

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES