Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sprinkler pump needs priming oftern

Posted by danga none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 20:28

Hi

I have sprinkler pump pulling water from lake. i have replaced old pump with the new pump and sprinkler heads. It needs the priming very often ( sometimes after 2 days). also while priming it diest not start within first attemp. needs to play around with it.
this happens so often that i have to check it where the pump is running without water or not? lot of manual work for me.

can anybody suggest something on this issue please?

Regard,
Danga

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sprinkler pump needs priming oftern

dang,

You have an air leak between the pump and the water source. These system are difficult to keep airtight. It may be a leaking foot-valve. How far is the pump away from the water source and how high (vertical height) above the lake? Is this leg to the pump above or below ground? You might get some professional help for this part. It is very frustrating. To recommend something, I would have to see the layout and hear it run. Aloha

o
RE: sprinkler pump needs priming oftern

thanks for replying. the pump is 60 feet far from the lake and 5 feet above ground.
Also I am looking for pipe floaters (duck or goose) . I am unable to get in Home Depot or Lowe's. Do you have any information where Can I buy this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here