Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tkeiy593

Help Identify Toro Valve

TKEIY593
19 years ago

I hope the pics work, I have 12 of these valves in my yard, they were installed approx 7-10 years ago by a pro who owned the house, this once as quit. I am hoping that I can just replace the Silioiod (sp) and not dig up my frt yard to replace the entire valve.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tkeiy593/detail?.dir=/b737&.dnm=6556.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tkeiy593/detail?.dir=/b737&.dnm=57f9.jpg&.src=ph

tks for you help

Comments (7)

• more_to_grow
    19 years ago

Thats a Flo Pro valve with Quick Connect solenoid, the Toro part number was 89-0880. If you find you have to replace the whole valve the part number is 280-06-04.

I assume you have conducted basic trouble-shooting to determine the solenoid is bad?

Replacement of the entire valve will not likely be necessary unless it has been frozen with water in it and has cracked. Otherwise all internal parts can quickly and easily be replaced, you may find it cheaper to purchase an entire valve and replace the diaphram and solenoid assembly as the valve new lists at approximately $19.95, the solenoid $18.00-19.00 and diaphram $9.25 so the purchase of a whole valve proves economically advisable.

If you must replace this valve it should require very little digging or lawn disruption, not take long, and be nearly impossible to detect visually if you cut your turf and replace it carefully...

• TKEIY593
    Original Author
    19 years ago

thanks so much, any idea where I can pick up this valve? No one local has it...

thanks oh so much

chuck

• coho
    19 years ago

It won't really hurt to have a replacement valve on hand for parts when needed, But have you done the troubleshooting? It could easily be a bad wire connection or something as simple as a plugged solonoid bleed hole.

Here is a link that might be useful: Troubleshoot

• more_to_grow
    19 years ago

As I am not familiar with your area I would start by calling 1-800-for-toro and determining who and where your local Toro distributor is, they should be willing to ship to you or perhaps help you get this valve in some other way.

I trust that you have, in fact, conducted some troubleshooting before you go to any more trouble of locating this replacement valve/parts? There are several OTHER things that can result in a valve not working, and not be corrected by replacing the valve or its components.

Good luck!

• TKEIY593
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I have trouble shot the entire system, the solenoid is getting power but not accuating, also the vale is leaking. I found an online place for parts,,, hope they will be in this afternoon.

• grass_seed
    18 years ago

I have had good luck ordering replacement parts for my Toro system at Ace Hardware. You can order items on-line and have them shipped to a local Ace store for free.
    I have also found Home Depot to have a small selection of Toro parts in stock in my area. You may want to try a local system installer that installs Toro systems for parts
    Good Luck

Here is a link that might be useful: Ace Hardware

• triaxt32_hotmail_com
    15 years ago

I have a similar problem. I wanted to view your pictures, but this thread is so old, it is inaccessible. What did you do in the end? Where did you get the part and did it fix the problem? I wonder if I have to replace the whole valve. It looks like a lot of work would be involved.

I can't find the solenoid I'm looking for. (Seems all the sprinkler heads are obsolete too and had to replace the broken ones with a new model.) My valve won't close. Actually, it's just one head that leaks 3 gallons of water after that zone is shut off (yes, it is the lowest one in the zone, but because the yard has to be sloped for drainage purposes, I shouldn't change the height of this head, but I tried raising it 3 inches and it still bubbles out THREE gallons!) My stepdad who was once a pipe-fitter, knows a lot about this stuff and told me over the phone he still thinks it's the valve). I also noticed that the valve to that zone has a red wire broken off of the solenoid.