Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babera_gw

drip line. . . connecting/installing

babera
9 years ago

Hello. . . we moved into my husbands Grandparents home 2 years ago. Last year was the first growing season. We have underground sprinklers but there were no flower beds, just a few trees and a nice lawn. I learned the hard way what not to plant in front of the sprinkler head. . . that's a whole 'nother story. . . one of the flower beds I put in is behind a sprinkler and due to several issues the sprinkler cannot cover that part of the bed. So I had a friend come help me put in a drip/bubble line, which is connected to the UG sprinkler line. What he did was cut the 1/4" tubing(I think that's the diameter) and put a nipple type thing in it. The *thing* kinda looks like a top. One end is smooth and the other has a flange/ridge on it. I never thought twice abut the installation, Everything seemed to be doing ok, but it was just shrubs and spring bulbs. So, this year I copied what he did and added more nipple things so I can have more plants. Fast forward a few weeks. . . I don't think the nipple things are what I need. . I think they may be connectors ? ? ? I'm not sure, that's why Im asking. . . if they are what I need I'm good. . . if not what do I need and how do I go about it now?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner