Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interchanaging rotor heads

Posted by char35 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 21:32

After reading some of the technical problems that people have with their sprinkler systems, I'm not sure, but my question may seem silly.
I've had to replace a few of my Hunter PGP rotor heads. One of them I replaced with a Rain Bird 325AS. I'm beginning to think it puts out less water per min. than the Hunter PGP. I'm having some dry spots in the area where the Rain Bird irrigates. Should I be sticking with the same make heads throughout?
Thank you for your response.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interchanaging rotor heads

Char,

Check the company literature for both heads. It should tell you the throw distance for a particular pressure. This is a description of the coverage. for each head as well as the flow rate for that pressure. Buy a cheap pressure gauge at any Big Box or hardware store and find out your operating pressure(while system is running)off your system hose bib. You then will know the facts about what you are up against. JMHO Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here