Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amyhlr

Irrigation contractors in NJ

amyhlr
20 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for an irrigation contractor in central NJ? We recently renovated our pool, and our yard is a complete mess. The excavation company completely ruined two zones in our sprinkler system, and we need someone to replace them. So far the estimates we received ranged from $300 to $550 per zone. Does that sound reasonable?

Also, we'll need to replace our fence around the pool. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone. I usually read the pool forum, but thought I'd ask the experts here.

Amy

Comments (9)

• irrigationguy
    20 years ago

What part of central jersey?

If it's ocean county then I'd recommend Jersey Shore Lawn Sprinkler (http://www.jerseyshorelawnsprinkler.com) They're a bit expensive, but they do a really professional job. They service outside of Ocean County, but labor rates are increased as it goes.

What types of heads were on those two zones? And about how many heads per zone? Also did you tear out any main or wire or was it just the two zones?

• amyhlr
    Original Author
    20 years ago

AS far as I can tell, I don't think the main or wire was damaged, because the damage occurred on the opposite side of the yard from where the sprinkler lines run into the house. I'm guessing probably 3-4 heads per zone, although my husband would know better than I. I'm not sure what types of heads they were, they do pop up out of the ground, and most of them rotated. He should really be the one to answer these questions, because he's the one who takes care of the lawn. (makes me wonder why I'm here).

We live in northern Middlesex County, in Edison. I think he checked the system with one of the companies, and the rest of the system was intact.

• mrs_fluff
    19 years ago

Hey irrigationguy: Like amyhlr, I'm usually on the pool forum (Hi amyhlr!) and I need an irrigation system. After what I have gone thru with the pool co. and some other contractors, I am petrified to use anyone!!! Do you work for Jersey Shore Lawn Sprinkler? Do you have other recommendations? Do you know of New Jersey Lawn & Irrigation Lawn Sprinklers? I have NEVER had an irrigation system, so I am totally ignorant. What is the average price? How are they usually sold? What are the unnecessary bells and whistles that they generally try to push? What are the basic and necessary components? Your take on it? Thanks much!

• amyhlr
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi mrs. fluff! Fancy meeting you here. We ended up using Lass Irrigation to fix our system. His price was good, and he was very reliable. In fact, by the end of the summer we noticed that the wet spot on the opposite side of our yard (the only construction equipment that trampled there was the backfill and concrete trucks)just wouldn't go away, so we called him back to check it out. Sure enough, there was a break there as well. He fixed it on the spot. I'd recommend him very highly. His name is Walter, and he's a really nice guy. Not to mention the fact that he was reliable and competent.

Good luck mrs. fluff.

amyhlr

• mrs_fluff
    19 years ago

Hi Amyhlr! Yes, it's funny where we forum folks will turn up! Thanks for the info - I'll definitely check him out. I want to get the sprinkler system in before I work the lawn next spring :) Oh and Happy Holidays!

• walterger
    17 years ago

Don't even think about using LASS Irrigation: Based on comments here I called them. They set up an appointment for an estimate. Well the evening before the appointment they called and canceled with no attempt to reschedule. Seems like they are to big to handle us regular residential customers.

Stay away from this type of outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jtg8646
    16 years ago

We have a very large yard with lots of grass, ground cover and gardens. No sprinkler system and we are realizing that we really need one. Any recommendations for a reasonable company that does good work in Central NJ (south of Princeton)?

• heptacodium
    16 years ago

mom, start in the yellow pages. If that gets you no where, visit local garden centers/home improvement stores and see if they have any recommendations.

People seem to forget that contractors are people too...sometimes people rub each other wrong (about 30% of the time), sometimes things come up (like family emergencies). I hear so much about how people complain about contractors...one of these days, I'm gonna start a website where contractors and companies can give references for the homeowners.

And since we are now in the era of the internet, try angieslist.

• brookehaz
    12 years ago

I don't know what you are talking about! LASS Irrigation was more then helpful! I just moved to Union County and they came out here, gave me an estimate and had my installation completed within a couple of days. The owner Walter was more than helpful. I highly recomend them, I believe they serve most of Central Jersey... look them up, you wont regret it :)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting