Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
irrigating flower bed

Posted by brookscountry texas (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 21:54

I am trying to irrigate a flower bed 150 feet long and 4 feet wide. The faucet from which I will get the water is 100 feet from the beginning of the flower bed. I want to use a mister system if possible. I have 40 lbs of pressure at the faucet. Should I run pvc pipe to the beginning of the bed and then proceed with the mister system? At a loss as what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: irrigating flower bed

BC,

Use a buried pvc line to the bed and a riser to go from pvc to poly with the misters. The size of your pipe depends on the demand of your system.

Do you know what your flow at the faucet is? What is the flow rate for optimum pressure for each mister? What is the pressure loss for each mister? All information needed to design your system. Also what will the spacing of the misters and the number of lines needed? Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here