Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watering on irrigation during peak times?

Posted by sodomojo Washington (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 22:20

I live in Kennewick WA and I am unable to water during peak times (early am, and then around 7-10pm) because my irrigation district does not have sufficient pumps for our subdivision, and as a result, my sprinklers just pop up and spray in one spot causing flooding. The irrigation district says that it is because too many people use it, and thats just how it is. I find it completely unacceptable. Has anybody else faced this same issue and what was the result?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watering on irrigation during peak times?

How early is "early am"?
The prevailing wisdom is to have all watering done before sunrise, and not to water EVER in the evening (you're setting yourself up for fungus).
Try starting your watering cycle at midnight or shortly thereafter.
There are booster pumps available for city-water systems, although most water companies discourage or even try to prohibit their use. Consult your local irrigation supply for proper pump sizing if the timing thing doesn't work out.

o
RE: Watering on irrigation during peak times?

You might want to check your gpm and pressure during peak times so you know not to exceed it.

I do agree with waterit you need to water during the wee hours in the morning or look into the mp rotator nozzles by Hunter they do perform at lower psi.

Here is a link that might be useful: do_it_your_self_web_site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here