Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docbuttons

Please Help

docbuttons
15 years ago

Hello,

I'm a 2nd year Square Foot Gardener and I just extended my garden to 4' x 16' now. I am debating about how to water. I have tossed up drip irrigation with tons of emitters, soaker hoses, sprinklers, you name it, I've considered it. So bottom line is I have an electronic timer that I'd like to use because my work life doesn't allow me to water every morning which would be ideal. I'm now considering using drip hoses with holes every 6" or 12" apart. I'd like to be able to run three lines down the entire garden with caps at the end. My garden is about 60 feet away from my connection at the house. Can I run a hose to the garden and spike a hose bib extension? If so, is there anything else I need to know about doing this? I'm concerned about keeping the hose on all the time with constant pressure at the hose bib. What is the purpose of a vacuum breaker and do I need it? Best thoughts on how to basically run three drip hoses keeping equal pressure with all three? Sorry about all the questions...just getting close to setup time and want to do it right. THANK YOU ALL

Comment (1)