Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tip about orchard tubing

Posted by Rio_Grande none (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 0:26

I just wanted to post this for anyone who might need the information or find themselves in a spot like I was.

I had 2 200 foot rows that I got in as it was starting to rain. Next day we planted them with double rows and it has been drying since. Today I was able to get into the field again and lay some more plastic mulch and drip tape. Realizing that while the planted beds germinated well they were loosing moistness so in a pinch I took an old garden hose end off of a hose, the screw together type and put it on the 3/4 orchard tubing we use for supply line. It worked perfect. So a garden hose ran out and a 6 foot piece of 3/4 orchard tube, taps for the tube and we were able to water.

After I get 2 more beds in I can run the orchard line and burry it as planned.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tip about orchard tubing

RG,

Thanks for the info. Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here