Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
s10sleeper

keep blowing pressure reducers and drippers on 1/4 inch line

s10sleeper
11 years ago

I have been building a drip irrigation system for my raised bed garden. The first kit was a raindrip system, and one issues was the anti siphon leaked like mad, but since I was downhill I removed it, but kept the pressure reducer on. My drip emitters were not dripping, but squirting a constant stream, even when my valve was partially open. I bought another pressure reducer to add on with no luck.

Then I bought a pressure gauge, finding out my water pressure is hitting 60-80 even with a hydrant leak. My drippers even started snapping on me.

I bought some new ones that work a little better, an 8 outlet orbit manifold with pressure regulator and still had issues, so i bought an adjustable regulator, which has troubles letting water through unless I bleed out some pressure.

This is driving me up a wall, but i am hoping to get my shallow well jet pump running if I can locate the info on it, as sears shows no record of the number, it is 1/2 hp 20-40 psi with no tank. Shallow water is no problem, I live by a creek

Comments (2)