Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vegasneon_gw

Hanging 1/2 ' tubing overhead.

vegasneon
11 years ago

I live in Las Vegas NV so it gets very hot & dry. I have a large patio covered by a Pergola, the concrete extends out farther than the pergola on all sides. Every year I run drip irrigation to all my patio plants but I have my little Granddaughters 3 days a week so I have to roll up the tubing from the patio and put it back down when they want to play and ride their bikes. If I ran 1/2 " tubing about 10 feet off the ground (attached to Pergola)and then ran 1/4" tubing down all the posts-

Would normal water pressure get the water up that high when it would be coming from a hose bib with a battery operated timer then the 1/2" tubing would be on the ground about 12 feet before going up 10 feet and then going about 30 feet at that height?

How would I attach the 1/2" to the Pergola that would support the added weight when full of water? Or is the 1/2" tubing not that heavy when full of water? I know there are clips to hold smaller tubing- I have two runs of misters up on the Pergola now. Is there some kind of 1/2" clip or would I have to make a loop of something myself and screw it to the Pergola? If so any suggestions of what to make the loops from?

Thank you for any help or suggestions

Smiles,

Rebecca

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County