Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bogey123_gw

Sprinkler System Doesn't Run

bogey123
18 years ago

Checked to see that the water was on, it was, checked to see that the controller had power, it did, bypassed the rain sensor, no effect.

Any ideas on whats gone wrong? Its a new install and I am waiting for the crew to come back and fix a few broken heads and pipes but its been working fine with the exception of the zones with the broken heads which I have shut down.

Comments (9)

• coho
    18 years ago

Try the link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Troubleshooting.

• eltigre
    18 years ago

Since its a new install, and hopefully under a warranty, sounds like they will have it back online before you get this note. Perhaps someone has the water shutoff somewhere (probably the main contol box out in the yard, near the back flow preventer (which could also be shut off or plugged up and failed)). Or a fuse could be out in the controller, or a solenoid valve could be manually shutoff or unwired. Or a loose wire in the controller. Or the controller prg parameters got changed.... let us know what they find.

• bogey123
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The electronics failed, nothing we could do about this one.

• eltigre
    18 years ago

Thats pretty rare in a new system... what brand was it?

• beachmamaproperties
    18 years ago

this is the same situation I am facing. Except I have never run my new irrigation system, I am waiting for my new sod to be installed. I want to run the system because they just installed my palm trees and foundation plantings yesterday though. The timer shows that it is running, but no sounds out of my new well pump. the switch outside by the pump is in the on position.

• bogey123
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The controller is made by Irritrol, its one of their 15 zone controllers.

beachmamamproperties - if you look at where the pipe exits the house there might be a spigot close to the backflow valve. Check to see if you have the water on. Since you don't have any grass yet they may have kept the water valve closed.

• Waterit
    18 years ago

Check to make sure the breaker that controls the pump is on.

• doug2010
    13 years ago

my sprinkler system doesnt run. does anyone know where the water shut off would be in the yard? recently rebuilt whole house due to fire and water was turned off i dont know if they shut off sprinkler system also.

• lehua49
    13 years ago

Doug,

Are you in communications with the re-builder still? Do you know where the water meter is located. How is your system hooked up to the water source? Please describe your irrigation system and what and where is visible above ground. You need to remember forum members can not see your yard or house and can not visit your property. Your best bet would be to hire an landscaper to start up and test your irrigation system and repair anything that is not working properly. Worth the "piece of mind" and the hassle of continually repairing small problems. If money is an issue then fill us in on the details and we will help the best we can. JMHO Aloha