Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain Bird ESP Modular- Not working -pump keeps running

Posted by Dcoy FL (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 11:02

I have an ESP modular Rain Bird Timer. A pipe burst just before the pump (water comes from lake) so it must have triggered the fuse in the house. Pipe is now fixed, however the Timer is on but the pump now just stays on. The controls on the timer don't do anything . If I turn to Off I get nothing, the pump still stays on. I have time, date, day, zones, etc.. all set, but nothing. No water will come out of any zone. The Alarm light comes on in Active Mode, but not on in ByPass mode. But I still can't do anything in Bipass mode. Pump just stays on. I don't see any # Err messages so Im assuming all my valves are working. I reset the Timer. That didn't work. There are no fuses or Batteries in the timer, so no option there. I put it to Test Valves but all i get is "Test 2" or "Test 1" and I don't see anything happening like a test running or something. Not sure what else to check. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain Bird ESP Modular- Not working -pump keeps running

You don't have a problem with you timer. It's at your pump or one of your zones. It may or may not give you an ERR message, You need to check ohms resistance of each of your zones with a volt meter. Good solenoids 12-60 ohms. If you get good readings, and your timer is in the off position, its definitely an issue with the pump.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here