Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raised Bed Question

Posted by lauraella occa (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 12:03

Hi all! We just built 2 raised beds in the backyard. Used an existing line to branch out to the beds so they would each have water. Here is a pic.
Photobucket

Here are the raised beds finished.
Photobucket

On Saturday I noticed that another sprinkler on the same line was dripping. DH figured that it was the standing water in the line, so blew on one of the uprights and water few up from the other one! The dripping stopped for a while, but has now started again. I am thinking we forgot something! Is there something I need to add to our existing system before we hook up the drip system?

Thanks,

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raised Bed Question

Hi Laura,

I am scratching my head and wondering did they mix the garden heads with other area heads? Can't really tell by your description of events. How many zones on your controller? Do you have a controller or a timer? It would be beneficial for you to describe your entire irrigation system including your source location and flow and pressure from that source. I believe I know what is happening but could use a little more info to be sure. Beautiful raised beds by the way. Will you be growing various types of plants? Aloha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here