Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wjb123

PVC Drip Irrigation System - Small Veg. Garden

wjb123
14 years ago

I thought I would share some photos of the PVC drip irrigation system I have installed for my small vegetable garden.

This is after I tilled in my compost and installed my PVC drip irrigation system. Each of the areas is basically a 15x15 ft. square.

{{gwi:328212}}

The two main supply lines are 3/4" PVC. These lines and valves are glued. The side feeder lines are 1/2 PVC spaced 3 ft. apart. They are just dry fitted into each valve so that I can remove or switch around spacing of the drip holes depending on plant spacing. All the valves allow me to deliver water amounts depending on the plants in each row.

{{gwi:328214}}

This is my first test of the drip system. I ran the water for about 5 min. just to make sure each side feeder and drip hole location was working properly. The first two lines on the left have drip holes spaced at 2 ft. this is for my hot peppers. The three on the right have drip hole spacing of 3 ft. for my tomatoes. There are 3 holes at each location spaced 3 inches apart. The holes are drilled with a 1/16 drill bit. One good thing about the drip system is I don't have to create raised rows and with furrows in-between. I can leave the garden flat.

{{gwi:328215}}

Showing the Landscape Fabric installed and all of my plants in place. The mist from a light morning fog was just lifting. I will be putting a mulch over the fabric. I started one part of the mulch to show how it will look. In the foreground you can see a pile of 8 ft. long stakes I will use for my tomatoes. A good friend had cut down a wind damaged poplar tree last year and cut the tree up for lumber. He and I cut the stakes out of the left over scraps (culled bark area). In the back you can see the start of my new compost pile.

{{gwi:328217}}
>

Another view of the installed Landscape Fabric and plants. I used large holes where the plants are planted so I can easily check the water delivery through the drip irrigation system.
The Moisture on the fabric is from the morning dew.

{{gwi:328219}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner