Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancingmirror_gw

Soaker Hose first timer-questions

dancingmirror
15 years ago

HI...

This is my first time using this forum. I've searched the web for answers to my gardening questions and thought I'd try this.

1) I just installed a soaker hose this last weekend in my flower bed that has a mix of perennials and annuals. I planted the annuals a week ago. I have 2 beds separated by a steps (6-8 inches off ground) so I connected 2 25-foot hoses with a regular hose to go over the steps. I haven't been able to find a pressure regulator anywhere in my local area, but have been trying it without on "low-pressure" (didn't turn the knob all the way on...at least I thought). I've left in on for about 20-30 minutes 2 times now and both times my annuals still seem very droopy...not getting enough water, so I've surface-watered them as well.

Do annuals need surface watered until they're established and then use only the soaker hose. I'm hoping so, cuz it was a lot of hard work to install and about $30 total.

2)My hose this morning was "spraying" little spurts of water from the uncovered part that connects to the long hose that runs from the back of my house where the water outlet is....am I doing something wrong???

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Kel

Comments (2)