Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbp68

Drip irrigation with rain barrel...and a problem...

cbp68
12 years ago

Hello,

I've got a couple challenges that I hope someone can help me thru.

I've got a rain barrel and I'd like to find a way to plumb it into a drip irrigation line. Sounds simple so far right?

Well, catch #1 is the barrel is about 20-30' below our deck and that's where the flowers are.

So, I'd need a way to pump the water up but I'm thinking just to drip the water once it gets on the deck.

There's less than 50' of flowers - could be in one line or I could split it into two lines of 25' each if it mattered.

Maybe have it go twice a day and deliver a total of a gallon a time (so two gallons in a single day).

So, guessing I need a pump of some sort - something that can handle the height from barrel to drip line but not too big that it causes problems with the line. Plus a timer (on / off / x times a day for y time)?

Are there kits that do this sort of thing? I've been to our local Home Depot and Lowes and left with nothing from both.

I've found large pumps on the Internet for barrels, but that seems like overkill. But, since this is my first attempt, I'm not sure about much...other than what my wife is looking for.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Chris

Comments (2)