Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maceecase

No flow from irrigation Pump. What can be done?

maceecase
11 years ago

I installed about 1000' of 2" pipe from my pond to my garden on my farm.

I bought a Goulds GT15 1.5hp irrigation pump and it is right by the pond. When I turn it on, it pushes a lot of water. About 400' from the pump was not connected at one time (to test the pump) and it pushed tons of water. I since sealed that up and installed a faucet there.

So, it goes about 600' more feet and then.... NOTHING. It pushes water out but at no real pressure or amount. If I close both faucets for a bit, when I turn the far one on, it'll spit out nicely but that quickly fades away.

Ok, so I know the questions that are coming. How much feet of head? I tried measuring based on GPS on my phone but I don't feel that was too accurate.

But, the feet head is like 10' to 20' above the pond and about 600' in, it dips down about 20' to 30', then back up at the faucet to about the same grade as the pond....

I was hoping that volume would help compensate for pressure, etc. I laid 2" pipe throughout and the faucet is 3/4".

I guess what I'm hoping for is that somebody could offer advise. Should I buy a booster pump and install at that 400' mark? Would it make a difference?

PS: All but the first 400' from the pump to first faucet are buried already.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA