Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atlcharm

Has anyone set up an efficient above grown sprinkler system?

atlcharm
16 years ago

Hi,

I am a first time homeowner and don't know the first thing about yard work. Unfortunately I don't have an underground sprinkler system. I purchased a couple of hoses and some pulsating spike sprinklers. First question, are the spike sprinklers meant to be able to stay in your yard. I also purchased the the impact sprinker - but that is on a big base - so if I put those out - I'd have to collect them and move them inside after every sprinkling to keep the yard looking nice. however, these spike sprinklers may not look that bed if I push it as far into the ground as possible. However, I will still have hoses everywhere. Ugh!!!

Also if i decide to buy a few of these spike sprinklers - how far apart to I put them for full coverage? What is the shortest hose you can buy or do you have to cut a hose to make it short enough for your use?

I just can't imagine unhooking and tugging the sprinklers back and forth after each use. So if the spikes can stay in the yard with out looking bad that would be great. But then again I'd still have hoses running trough my yard. what to do? I cannot afford an inground system.

{{gwi:328608}}

Comments (4)