Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drip for tomoatoes

Posted by tsingh 9b (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 15:47

Hi All,

What emitter arrangement do you recommend for tomoatoes and bell peppers? Right now, I have a single pressure compensating dripper close to the root of the plants and it seems to be working fine on the tomatoes but the pepper plant (red and yellow) is not really growing. I wonder if I am doing something wrong with the watering.

Regards,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drip for tomoatoes

Maybe try more drippers? I have my plants circled with 1/4" dripper line coming off of a 1/2" mainline, so I have 5 drippers around each plant. The emitters are spaced every 6" in the tubing.

o
RE: drip for tomoatoes

You don't say where you are located. Doing so would make it easier to help you. If you were my neighbor, I would just say it is way too early to worry about pepper growth. I have not even set mine out yet. (I usually have them in the ground by now, but am behind due to crappy weather. May 15 is my 90% frost safe date.) This year I had snow 5-1.

I usually set out peppers in May, and they do nothing except have their leaves blown off until July. This year they are still in their storm shelter and have therefore avoided lots of nasty wind and a hail storm.

I plan to set them out within the next 10 days.

I use drip irrigation for tomatoes and peppers. Over the last 10 years, one emitter per plant has been enough. For carrots, one emitter is enough for even more than one plant! ;)

This post was edited by tdscpa on Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 8:45

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here