Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sprinklers not working

Posted by Budl1te Arizona (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 15:48

Hello,

I purchased a new home and it has an Automatic watering system. I am somewhat familiar with the workings. I installed an entire 8 station Orbitz(I think) at my last house, Plumbing and electrical)

I don't recognize the valves at this new house but I looked on the internet and they look like the Buckner VP-10 valves (5 of them) There is one that looks like a Toro 260 seriesish.

One of the stations is not coming on. Even when I flip the manual lever nothing comes out the sprinkler heads. There is however water that slowly leaks from the valve though.

I had assumed that the lever would send the water to the sprinkler regardless?

the other 2 Buckner looking ones do activate the sprinklers and do not leak.

I have 2 other Buckners that operate drip feeds and what looks like a Toro valve although I am use to the old smaller toro's that when the valve(turn thing) on top was opened the water would come on. This one however is a knob that twists but looks like you could fit a flathead screwdriver in the slot to turn it. The toro's I have had experience with did not have the slot for screwdriver.

I don't know if the toro is working or not? how do you manually open this one? Solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buddy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sprinklers not working

all the electric valves I know of can be manually run by turning the solenoid a quarter turn. If it still will not open the ports in the valve may be plugged.

o
RE: Sprinklers not working

Thanks Mike,

I turned the solenoid on the Toro looking one which is actually a Hunter valve. It worked. I opened the valve up with the screw thing and that fixed the auto watering.

The other that wasn't working I took apart and flushed it a couple times and put it together and tada. It is working like a charm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here