Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anney_gw

Irrigation system fixtures

anney
14 years ago

This is my first post on this forum after an ill-placed one on the Tomato forum -- not many folks there are interested in an irrigation system right now. So excuse the abrupt entry!

I'd like some advice on how to set up the simple irrigation system I envision.

In years past I've used a regular hose and splitters to send water through my soaker hoses. The soaker hoses are still good and I'm not going to change them.

But what I want to change is the awkward hose-splitter mess I've had, short pieces of hose, y-fixtures using only one part of the Y, hose-turns to go perpendicular to the main hose, etc.

I want to run a straight length of PVC straight out from the main hose and set it up to water three long raised beds, which I think will need one elbow and two T-fixtures to orient the drip hoses perpendicular to the PVC pipe like this:

:____:____:_____________

I'm pretty sure this is doable, because gonefishin posted several pictures where his similar setup was visible, though he irrigated more than three "rows". It looked like his on-off valves for each line of irrigation were plain old faucets, which I'd like, too. Those little dinky levers on some plastic valves can get muddy and stuck.

So can somebody tell me what fixtures and adhesives I need to get and the material they should be? It may seem simple to you, but heck!, I hardly know what to call the fixtures.

I'd appreciate some guidance if you can help.