Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IBC tote for watering garden

Posted by drr1202 Colorado (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 16:22

Our garden is far from our house so we plan to keep a filled 275 gallon IBC tote next to the garden for easier watering. The totes are white plastic, so we are going to get algae growth inside the tote. We were thinking about either painting it or wrapping it with black plastic to control the growth. However, these are both ideas that were implemented for catching rain water that might later be used for drinking.

Then I saw that algae might actually be good for the garden. Since we are not planning on drinking the water and only using it for the garden, would you wrap/paint the tote to control the algae growth or would you let the algae grow?

Thanks,
Dawn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IBC tote for watering garden

It doesn't sound like a major deal to me..

I wouldn't be worried about it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here