Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thurman_merman

Auto drip line constantly dripping

Thurman_Merman
11 years ago

I started to notice a really soggy area of my lawn right next to some bushes I have that are watered by a drip line that is part of my automated sprinkler system. So I dug around and found that the last drip emitter on the drip line never stopped dripping, even when the system/zone wasn't on. I also noticed that the drip line went on past the last bush it is supposed to water to connect to a sprinkler head in Zone 3 (drip line is zone 1). I'm not sure why it connects to Zone 3 was hoping someone might have some insight?

I was also wondering what could be causing it to constantly run? I haven't had a chance to dig up and look at the other drip emitters on the same line, but there isn't any pooling or soggy areas around the other bushes that the drip line waters. Is this just a problem at the manifold/valve? Any help is greatly appreciated for both issues....

Comments (3)

• lehua49
    11 years ago

Thurmer,

Was this system installed by a contractor recently? Are all the zones except this one separated for their purpose (ie. lawn, garden, shrubs etc)? How many zones are there and for what purpose? How many heads and what type on each zone? Do you have pressure regulators on your drip line? Describe your system in as much detail as you can. Aloha

• Thurman_Merman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This wasn't installed recently, it's been there for at least 3 years (as long as I've lived in the house). Zones 2-6 are all for different areas of the lawn. Only zone 1, the drip line linked to the timer, is for the shrubs. There is also a manual drip line for vegetables and flowers in the back, but not connected to the automated drip line. For the most part all the sprinkler heads throughout the lawn are standard pop-up sprinkler heads, there are a couple of the adjustable rotor heads in the back. I don't believe there are pressure regulators on the drip line.

• Thurman_Merman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anyone that can offer any help? I really don't know much about sprinkler systems and would appreciate any sort of input......