Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help choosing irrigation timer.

Posted by jagermeister 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 17:34

I currently have a Richdel 446PRi irrigation timer which looks like it may have been manufactured in 1991. It uses lots of switches to program it and has worked pretty well for the last 5 years I've been in the house.

This year, however, we are under water restrictions and I'm only allowed to water on Sundays and Thursdays. This type of programming doesn't look possible with this timer as even though it can run two separate programs, the maximum watering interval for each program is 4 days (I had wanted to just create two different programs, one that started on Sunday and the other that started on Thursday and have a 7 day watering interval for each).

Can someone recommend a good quality irrigation timer that can be programmed to satisfy my water restriction criteria? I have 5 watering zones and the timer will be located in the garage.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help choosing irrigation timer.

If your willing to pay a little more for the quality and versatility, rainbird or Hunter are your best bet.

o

I would also consider RainMachine. It allows you to select specific weekdays and it saves you some water.

Here is a link that might be useful: RainMachine

o

Check out BlueSpray controller. It has unlimited programs, unlimited start times, very flexible programming that allows you to have custom watering schedule even for each day of the year!

Here is a link that might be useful: BlueSpray controller

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here