Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Modify angle of brass popup nozzle...

Posted by bbass408 none (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 17:43

I know this is a reach and I'm a new member, but it's worth a shot...

I have an old galvy system with lame pressure that needs to be replaced I know. In the meantime, I try and try.

On one edge of the lawn with a lightly curved border I have a head that's not watering well. For brass popups, 180 degrees is too much -- sends tons of water down the driveway. 120 is too little -- leaves unwatered spots. I've tried various nozzles on a 2" plastic popup (the biggest I can fit and still mow the lawn) with MP rotators -- toro rotating heads, and rain bird variable angle. Can't really get enough water out of either of those.

I want to take that 120 degree brass popup nozzle and make it something like 150 degree. Has anyone ever messed with with one of those -- perhaps using a small file -- to change the spray angle?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Modify angle of brass popup nozzle...

bb,

I was thinking of the adjustable heads from RB and the spray arc can be set for whatever angle you want but your saying it doesn't deliver the amount of water you need. What is your water pressure and flow rate? I would say you already know the solution to your problem and replace the old galvy system with pvc and increase your flow rate and pressure immediately. Time to bight the bullet. Aloha

o
RE: Modify angle of brass popup nozzle...

I tried that head and I thought I mentioned it. I agree it's time to bite the bullet. After all this farting around with the old system, I know exactly how I'd design the new one. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here