Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoebe100_gw

Leaky Sprinkler Heads, Replace?

phoebe100
15 years ago

Hi All, I don't know how old this system was, before I moved in. It has the pop up heads.

Every year we have to work on up to 5 - 10 of the heads, (there's a lot here). They always do the same thing, they send water out the holes like they should, but then additional water comes up vertically around the head. When you replace the whole head, they are fine. I don't have any problems with water leaking when the sprinkler is off either.

Every time they do this we've been digging the whole darn head/valve? out & replacing it.

It occured to me after doing so much work on this..that there may be an easier way, but I don't know what it is. Is there a gasket or something to replace instead of the whole head? If so, are they universal, there are 3 different brands of heads here?

I must say that the ones we do replace work fine, but the next year, different ones will start leaking. Could the gaskets be drying out & cracking? If not, what else could it be?

Sorry for so many questions, just the first time I've had an inground sprinkler.

Thanks for any advice

phoebe

Comments (7)