Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Irrigation Plan... Backflow Code

Posted by williamiv South Texas (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 18:19

Hello all,
Does anybody know what are the backflow requirements for Texas?
...Yes, I am will have a licensed installer, however after contacting three parties to get prices, etc...I get very different stories, thus I am concerned, and the city (Edinburg) has not been helpful when calling.
I would prefer to purchase my own backflow that I know exceeds code and simply pay for it to be connected. Or other ideas???
Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Irrigation Plan... Backflow Code

Will,

You probable can go on line and view the City codes or the local water company codes. The water company will give you the best answer and usually are very user friendly or contact a local landscaper or irrigation supplier and ask them. JMHO Aloha

o

Different water purveyors/jurisdictions have different standards. Most will approve a PVB 12" above the highest outlet, or a RPZ at least 12" above grade. Check with the water purveyor to clear things up.

o

Thanks for the suggestions :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here