Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mageus

pressure regulator recommendation?

mageus
13 years ago

The pressure coming into our property is 140 psi (confirmed by the water company). The irrigation system was installed by the prior owners. There is a separate irrigation line with its own valve under a plastic box in the front yard. The house pressure is 60, but the sprinklers are getting the full 140psi. I can see a 5" plastic cylinder after the valve which I assume is a pressure regulator, but has no markings on it. If it is a pressure regulator, I assume it's blown. 1" PVC is run from this to the sprinkler valves.

- Can someone recommend a good brass pressure regulator that is rated to 200psi inlet pressure and has an adjustable range in the 50s? My local vendor wants $150, and I've seen models online for $50-$100.

- What type of fitting should I use to put the regulator inline? I was thinking of a union, which would make it easier to replace if it goes bad; but a brass regulator should last longer than I'm in the house, right? Or should I use a slip/threaded adapter to the PVC? Is plastic OK to screw into the regulator?

- Can someone recommend a good low pressure regulator for a drip system? I've just been shopping at Home Despot as I'm new to all this, but from now on I plan to order everything online or from a local irrigation shop.

Comments (5)