Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Artesian Well Quote

Posted by kld05 (My Page) on
Mon, May 11, 09 at 19:31

Hi,

Is the following quote high? Is all this requires for an irrigation only well? I'm not sure why I'd need a pump or storage tank.

SCOPE OF WORK:
Obtain well permit using clients plot plan
Drill a 6" artesian rock well 200' deep with 50' of 6" casing and a hardened casing shoe
Collect and test water samples
Install a 3/4hp submersible pump system with a 22 gallon tank
Piping, pump cable, fittings, and valves
TOTAL $6300.00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Artesian Well Quote

Hi,

There are many variables that make up that price. One is difficult access for equipment. I would get two more quotes from well drillers. Then you will know what is the best price for your area. Prices are not similar across the country much less even within 10 miles of your house. Contractors will give you a good price only when they know they have competition. You only know you are getting a good price when you receive competitive bids. Also make sure they have insurance and name you specifically as an additional insured entity on a copy of their policy. Responsible contractors do this all the time it is not difficult for them. Good Luck and aloha.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here