Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweet_clementine_gw

Drip irrigation mess

sweet_clementine
12 years ago

Help!

My brother in law (who has worked in landscaping and irrigation and should have a clue) installed drip irrigation line to 2 new container gardens. I am not sure what materials he used, but the whole thing is a mess. Water is leaking out of the containers and creating a puddle at the bottom of my yard. The black tube was buried between the two garden plots, and it leaks and is horrible.

All I know about the system is that there is a splitter at the faucet, a timer, and a buried hose that leads to black drip irrigation tubing. I don't know if there's too much tubing, or if the timer is set for too much water, too much pressure or what. Is there anything I can do to salvage this mess without ripping everything out (and strangling my idiot brother-in-law with said tube)?

How often should the garden have water? It's two small raised beds - one 3 x 8 and one 4 x 4. Right now the hose flows from the 3x8, then goes underground, and through the 4 x 4. There is a lot of excess hose (or so it seems to me) that is coiled in the beds.

Comments (3)