Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melodique

All zones coming on at once - please help

Amy Wilder_Tennant
10 years ago

New to us house with inherited well pump and sprinkler system... We had someone come out last year to get it running, as we were clueless. Thought we could do it ourselves this year and save money. Tried to do it, but the pump wouldn't turn on. We had to have the pump completely rewired because the switch/wiring wasn't working (mouse??). It was fine when we shut it off last fall. Anyway, now the pump works. Problem is, all of the zones are running at the same time. I'm hoping it's something stupid :) Pump is run off Hunter timer, into a relay box, to the valves which are inside the house (yay!). We have irritrol valves (look like 200b - http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_200bs.html). I thought the solenoid was supposed to be turned to the on position and the valves open on all zones. Am I just remembering wrong, or is it something else causing this? The timer is in the garage and the pump is on the other side of the house in the basement, or I would have tried it already. Tried too many things that had me running back and forth, so I'm done for the day :)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus