Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Running a 1/4" drip hose along stone tile

Posted by sheckylovejoy 10a (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 22:37

If you look at the attached photo you can see what I'm talking about. I tried to show where I want to put the hose

I want to run a 1/4" drip system for the containers you see there. It would run from the hose bibb all the way on the right, T off for the right-side container, then go UNDER the lip of the lower stair so to be hidden, then come out the other side to water the containers on the left side.

The setup is fairly simple, but I can't figure out how to get the hose to run under the stair lip (it sticks out about 3/4") and stay there. It is stone tile with cement grout. I would prefer something that can be removed if needed and will not harm the tile or grout.

Silly putty? ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Running a 1/4" drip hose along stone tile

My suggestion would be to use tape to hold the line in place while you run a bead of caulking over it for the longer term hold.

o

Thanks for the quick response, Mike. What kind of caulking do you think would be best? It's is a rental, so I need something that I can take off if necessary and not damage the stone and cement grout. Maybe silicone?

o

Silicone would be perfect. It will remain flexible and you will be able to peel it away as needed.

o

Thanks Mike. This was very helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here