Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charleslo

flooding along popup sprayhead

charleslo
11 years ago

Hi,

I'm a first time home owner, and just bought this house 1/2 yr ago.

I have an automatic sprinkler system. This is the topology:

water line --> shut off valve --> Orbit 57623 Anti-siphon valve --> water line around the yard with three popup sprayheads

The Orbit 57623 is controlled electronically by the automatic sprinkler system.

I have configured watering only on Monday and Thursday only. However, on non-water days, I still see water accumulation around one popup sprayhead, but also see grass greener and more lush around the other 2 sprayheads.

I do not see water coming out of any of the sprayhead when the sprinkler system is not turned on.

When watering, I see the popup sprayheads do pop up and spray around the yard as designed.

To eliminate the water accumulation, I tried to reduce the water flow into the Orbit 57623, but i don't see any difference.

Then, I shut off the water flow into the Orbit completely, then I see that water accumulation subsided.

I used a water pressure gauge, and i see the water pressure is 80psi feeding into the Orbit.

I thought the Orbit is designed to block water flow out to the popup sprayheads, until watering when the automatic sprinkler system would electronically open up the flow. it eems that small amount of water does get pass the Orbit into the sprayhead to cause the water accumulation.

what seems to be the problem here?

what things should I check?

thanks in advance!

-Charles

Comment (1)