Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Even Watering Pop Up Spray Head for 4' Radius?

Posted by Arteom CA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 3:18

Hello Everyone! In new here but would greatly appreciate your help!

I recently made a raised planting area next to a koi pond/ patio on mine, its curves here and there and is around 4-6' wide. It has 6, 8" Pop up standard spray heads and I am using hunter adjustable 6' spray heads and they don't seem to work for me. I see a pool of water in a ring where the edge of the water is, and very dry next to the spray head. They heads are placed fairly close, but still even coverage is not happening.

I tried the Dual Spray Brass nozzles from Orbit as I have on my Lawn, they work fantastic at full water pressure, but when you dial it down to achive 6'/4' It throws out too large of droplets in the same pattern as the other nozzles.

I wanted to simply use those Micro spray heads, but I don't like the look of little spikes sticking up every few feet, is there anything similar I can screw onto the existing popup bodies and achieve a finer "mist" if you will, to evenly water smaller areas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Even Watering Pop Up Spray Head for 4' Radius?

art,

For a meaningful analysis of your problem, I would need to know your systems pressure. Do you know how to find that out? You may check out the spray heads that irrigate in a rectangle pattern versus cranking down your existing ones. aloha

o
RE: Even Watering Pop Up Spray Head for 4' Radius?

Water pressure? I am not sure. I would have to say really good though, Around 1,300 Gallons per hour from a standard 3/4" hose?

I can run 8-10 Pop Up sprinklers on one line with no issues in a 1/2" supply.

I tried those Rectangle spray heads, but the shape of my bed will not be compatible with those kinds of spray patterns. Maybe I will post a picture tomorrow?

I was hoping there was maybe a head with a very small "cut" where the water is dispersed, most heads I see have a 1/8" [or so] opening, I think something smaller would [mist] the water more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here