Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keloggs

the old narrow lawn strip irrigating problem

kelogs
9 years ago

Hi all,

First of all, I wouldn't know whether to bump an old thread such as http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/water/msg0212104714229.html or open a new one. Someone tell me please :)

So now that I have opened it, my strip is as long as 58' having two parts: one that is 3' x 35' and then widens to 5.5' for the remaining 23'. I am thinking the best way to irrigate that narrower part would be with the Rain Bird sprayers because they both operate in lower pressure range and they can go as low as 3' strip width! However, what I don't know is how to space them.

Jesse Stryker suggest the triangular pattern in his tutorial at http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler-coverage-nozzle-selection-sprinkler-spacings/ but my layout does not allow for mounting side strip sprinklers on both sides of the strip's length. It would mean killing the yew hedge. Besides, side strips sprinklers only go as low as 4', and I need them for 3' width.

So, my two choices would be:

- all corner strip (can't use side strips as said above). Questions: what would their coverage pattern be ? Okay to install them on only one side of the length ? And I wonder why I am unable to find much info on them neither on rainbird's website nor on the general internet. I am talking about the 15LCS / 15RCS nozzles, not about LCS-515 / RCS-515 ones. Those (15~) are the ones that are supposed to go to 3' width coverage. Not seeing too much of them on rainbird.com site could mean that they are taking them back due to low performance maybe (they are still for sale on their site though) ?

- center + end strip sprinklers. And have 1' of sidewalk watered, and a portion of the lawn overwatered where those stairs are placed along the narrow strip. However, Jesse from irrigationtutorials.com advocate against them. But I feel they would be my best bet. So, again, how to space these across ?

Thank you!

Comments (3)