Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dstnwst

Another 'zone won't shut off' problem

dstnwst
12 years ago

I am having a problem that just doesn't make any sense to me, or anyone else I have described it to. First off, my system has a "pump" connection that controls a master shut-off valve. Lately I have been having a problem with my zone 2. Anytime the system is running, zone 2 is running. Here's the odd part; zone 2 is pressurized even when the system not running (the main solenoid valve is shut off), and none of the other zones have pressure on them. I can take the guts out of any of the other zone valves when the system is off, but I have to turn off the water to the house to work on the zone 2 valve. My first thought was that zone 2 was not on hooked up to the system shut-off valve, but when I pull the "pump" wire at the controller none of the zones work so it has to be on the same circuit. I have pulled the parts from the zone 2 valve several times and cleaned them up and reenstalled them, but nothing has worked so far. I have even swapped the zone 2 valve components with another valve that worked. The other valve worked with the zone 2 parts, and zone 2 still would not shut off. It runs even with the wire to zone 2 disconnected, so long as any of the other zones are running. Any ideas?