Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkroth_gw

Newbie question about Mini-Click rain sensor

jkroth
17 years ago

Hi, first time poster and new owner of a Hunter Pro-C / PGP sprinkler system with a Hunter Mini-Click rain sensor. I have read Hunter's site, and read all the available FAQs on the Mini Click but this doesnt seem to be answered:

When rain sensor is set to 'Active' and it is raining, during a scheduled watering interval, the pipe leading out to the main valve / siphon valve "clangs" in my house every few seconds (quite loudly). This prompted me to check the controller, and i guess i had assumed it would read "OFF" - however, it appears to be running its scheduled watering cycle for a zone (timer counting down) while it also displays "SEN OFF" indicating the rain sensor is not allowing it to water. So I assume that the solenoid is closing the valve, and the system thinks it is actually watering. Why the pipe noise? Why not put the system in "OFF" mode rather than run the program anyway with no water?

Anyone with experience on this one? I'd love to get answers before calling service (on the pipe noise)

JK

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Fairfax County's Innovative General Contractors