Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harleysilo

Fine Tuning my sprinkler system info/help needed

harleysilo
11 years ago

We put in a pool and redesigned the entire backyard. We now have Bermuda sod instead of weeds, and many different types of new plants/shrubs/fruit trees etc.

We had a Rain Bird sprinkler system installed it has 4 zones. 2 water the grass, 2 water the plants. I was very disappointed with the sod/plant install as they did not do what they said they would do. They also installed the irrigation.

So far i have replanted everything, digging the holes out to the appropriate size and replanting with quality soil. I have also begun the process of leveling the sod with a mixture of good soil and sand.

My issues with the sprinkler system follow

1) I have spray heads spraying the house and fence in various locations that need to be adjusted

2) I have sprayers overlapping each other that more than likely are putting more water in places than they should be

3) I have an area of grass that is being watered by pop up misters that also water the plants behind them so again i'm unsure if the plants or grass need more water and are they getting enough/not enough

I'm trying to figure out what i need to do to get everything adjusted.

Should I place some cups in the yard at various locations and then measure the "rainfall", draw a diagram illustrating this for people to help me make adjustments?

I'm not calling the installer back out. I will be having a lawn service begin coming to help take care of the grass, but I'm not sure if they will evaluate the sprinkler system.

Comments (3)