Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lawn irrigation for tiny area

Posted by JimbJones CA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 11:00

I have very small lawn 1x8FT (its a small patch inside sidewalk), my gardener installed 4 Rain Bird MIST heads which work great, but as you can imagine within couple weeks break, because people step on them....

what would be the best way to water this small patch? I am a bit hesitant to install underground irrigation with a filter (seems too complex for this tiny spot)

thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lawn irrigation for tiny area

First thing that comes to mind is side strip / end strip nozzles for pop up spray bodies ...however they typically come in 4' x 10' or 5' x 15' sizes. You can dial them down, but i would doubt they would go down to only 1'. I have seen pop up bodies for micro misters, this might be your best bet. Not sure what brand or even if they are still available, head to your local distributor and ask about options. You are definitely going to want something that retracts back into the lawn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here