Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rainbird1_gw

Is it possible to run two valves at the same time, Rainbird timer

Rainbird1
10 years ago

Hi all
I am going to go w a Rainbird timer (unless you suggest otherwise). I want to be able to run two valves simultaneously .
I checked the manual, no info on that possibility. I spent 30 minutes yesterday trying to contact residential Rainbird reps and each of the several times, the phone went dead after waiting 4 minutes.
I visit the property once every two weeks.
I dont want to come home to a flood in the event a valve is stuck open.
I want to use Valve A to feed all the other valves.. This valve will remain open while the other valves are doing their thing.
Can a Rainbird SST or ESP or basic 6 vavle unit allow me to do that?
Thanks all
by the way.... I tried to use the name AlbertG and other versions of that to register on this forum. It didnt like that name..... So, out of frustration I typed in Rainbird1 and lo and behold, my new name is Rainbird1. Not my first choice but...it works : )

Comments (9)

• lehua49
    10 years ago

RB,

I don't believe you could do it with one timer. You could try it with the one master valves double wired into the controller for all the zones with the other valves. Just have a separate zone timer running that valve independent of the others and is on while the other come on one at a time. The only problem is that they could get out of sync. So you need to check the system every once in a while to make sure the master valve is on when the other valves need to go on. aloha

• Rainbird1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

getting a second timer adds expense and sync issues as you mention is an issue.
    There has got to be some electronic work around. Perhaps a different brand that will allow the use of simultaneous valves open.
    If I could get through to Rainbird, I would ask them.
    Thanks for any other ideas

• Rainbird1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

after some reading, I found that what I want to install is called a Master Valve. It precedes the other valves and opens and closes in sync w the other valves.
    Irritrol and Hunter and Rainbird have the capability to handle this task.
    For me, its insurance knowing that there is some back up in case the valves dont close and I am not there to notice the over watering situation

• lehua49
    10 years ago

RB,

Great. Thanks for letting everyone know. Let us know how you set up the controller and how it works. aloha

• mike1059
    10 years ago

To answer your question about overlapping run times most timers will delay the start of each zone till the previous zone finishes.

• txlawn
    10 years ago

Check out BlueSpray. It can be programmed to run either serially or concurrently. It comes with a 1A transformer so it should be able to handle 2 valves + master. Just make sure you have enough water pressure.

Here is a link that might be useful: BlueSpray

• txlawn
    10 years ago

Check out BlueSpray. It can be programmed to run either serially or concurrently. It comes with a 1A transformer so it should be able to handle 2 valves + master. Just make sure you have enough water pressure.

Here is a link that might be useful: BlueSpray

• Kevin k
    last year

I believe you all are referring to stacking programs. It can be achieved but you need adequate pressure and will need to add all your times up and map out how it cycles to make sure your not overlapping somewhere. Better done with drip systems but I suppose golf courses might too.