Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexh1000

Strip lawn nozzles

alexh1000
13 years ago

Hi,

I have the typical 4' x 30' strip of lawn between the street and sidewalk. The PVC piping was routed along the edge of the strip. When I moved in I extended the piping to the ends (corner) of the strip so I could add some 5' 90 deg to the corners to cure brown ends. Currently there are several Toro side strip nozzles (4'x30') and a 90 deg 5' at the 2 corners. The Toro 5' nozzles clog really easily and are almost useless IMO.

I have had endless problems with this strip - either half the water goes 10'+ onto the street (mostly off the ends but sides also) or I get brown ends (depending on how I set the adjustment screw). I don't know if running the heads on the edge is common but it seems like millions of houses have a similar footprint yet the sprinkler companies can't make a decent nozzle for this layout. Rainbird introduced a side/corner strip nozzle a while back but it looks like they may have discontinued it.

Is the only way to do this right shown at the end of this page?

http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler17.htm

I know it will never be perfect as they can't make sprinklers with a perfect box pattern but I think I'm at about 50% efficiency if I'm lucky.

Thanks