Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lew1_gw

Irritrol 205 valve won't start

lew1
17 years ago

Have one zone that is giving me fits. Valve will open if I open the bleed, but not with the solenoid. The sol (a new one) works. I get 28v at the wires and I can hear water moving thru the sol bleed when activated. I also see water seeping from the heads when the valve is elecrically activated. It appears that not enough water is flowing to release the pressure above the diaphram. I have removed the guts several times and made sure the diaphram is ok and all passages are clear. I can simulte the prob by opening the manual bleed slowly. The valve will not open until the bleed is almost completely unscrewed. Has anyone run into this before? I would rather not have to replace the valve body as it is in a bad location for digging.

Comment (1)

• gw:garden-guy
    17 years ago

replacing the body isn't necassary. everything can be replaced from the top. does this valve have flow control? if so, is it open? it's possible that the metering orfice is passing too much water. do you have a spare valve? have you swapped the diaphram? make sure the discharge seat below the solenoid is free of sand and debris. Do not damage the discharge seat when looking for foreign material.