Return to the Irrigation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coiled hose: Does anyone have one you like?

Posted by jenn 9/19 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 1, 11 at 14:43

We need a new hose for the side yard. The yard is 20 feet wide and 40 feet long, with sprinklers on both sides. The hose is only for supplemental watering and to fill a watering can, hose off hands, etc.

Rather than having to rewind a big hose sitting on the ground, we'd like a coiled hose that can be stored on a hanger or in a pot near the spigot when not in use.

I've read mixed reviews about these hoses including that they stop re-coiling after some time.

Does anyone have one you like?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coiled hose: Does anyone have one you like?

I purchased one from a website called Sprinkler System Store. I use it to water some plants that are farther away from the rest of my garden areas. I've enjoyed it so far, no problems as of yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coil hose

o

• Posted by jenn 9/19 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 12:24

Thank you, HarryThomas. How long have you had the hose?

o

I've had my coil hose for a few months and it's worked well for me.

o

I came to hate it. I bought it b/c I only had a short distance to water. But it still needed to be stretched to get to the furthest point. It's just like the curly telephone lines (remember those?) after a lot of stretching it inevitably begins to kink. No matter how careful you are about coiling it up, it will begin to take on a life of its own.

If its inexpensive and convenient, do it. Just don't expect to get more than two years of "normal" life out of it, if you are watering anything that requires it to be fully stretched out often.

It is probably worth $10 or $15 bucks a season.

Marie

o

• Posted by jenn SoCal 9/19 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 12:39

Thank you for your replies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Irrigation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here